2 gamers 1 pc with 7800x ?

Hello everyone,

I am currently planning a build similar to Linus' one but on a tighter budget.

I was originally going with an AMD Ryzen 1800X, but the current issues with ndt and avic brought me to the Intel 7820x (8c/16t) and 7800x(6c/12t).

I plan to create two Windows 10 VMs and pass a GTX 1050 ti to each of them.

My question is : Will 3 cores and 6 thread (with the 7800x) to each vm be enough for 1080p 60-fps-ish on medium settings or should I get the 7820x ?

Thank you and please take note that this is my first build and my first post to this forum.

Edited by C_Bouchard
Corection

Hi,

I would say honestly the 1050ti will be the issue in getting 1080p 60fps on a lot of games looking at benchmarks for the 1050ti tomb raider etc hits around 40 fps on bare metal yes some games will run 60 fps but I would suggest 1060's if you can stretch to them instead.

This review has both 1060 and a 1050ti gaming model in the benchmarks

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_1050_ti_g1_gaming_oc_review,12.html

Cpu wise I don't think you would have a problem with that, but others with similar CPU's will be better able to comment as I have not tested one.

You'll need at least one core and hyperthreaded partner for the unraid host OS. So that brings down your VM core count for at least one of your VMs. If you can live with 2 cores 4 threads, it will be fine.

I highly suggest you check out gridrunners channel on YouTube. He has some great guides on this sort of thing.

Here is a link to his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZDfnUn74N0WeAPvMqTOrtA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk