NEWBIE HELP WITH PLEX

ives

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm having immense trouble finding any info on how to configure plex to find my media.

Basically I've installed the latest version of unraid 6.3.5 and am trying to get configure plex to find my media.

So far I've installed Docker and community applications. I've searched on community applications for 'plex' and found several versions.

I've installed the linuxserver version since it seems to be the most popular but I'm at a loss to know how to configure it. Can someone give me some pointers?

Here is the set up page that I'm presented with when I click install. Not sure how to proceed. Is 'repository' the place where my media is stored?

1.jpg

Edited by ives
edit

Firstly, since this is a Docker, you would have better luck in the Docker Container section of the forum. "For future reference"

Step 0: Create a new User Share where you want to store your plex media. "PlexMedia" as the root directory of that share.

Basically:

1. Click "Add Path, Port, or Variable"
    1. Select "Path" as the option (should be default)

2. Give it a name like "Plex TV Shows" (or whatever Library you want)

3. In the "Container" field type the path that Plex will use. (you will see this inside of plex when you create a TV Shows library)
    1. Example: "/TV Shows" (NO QUOTES)

4. In the "Host" field you the path to your media share you setup.
    1. Example: "/mnt/user/PlexMedia/TV Shows/" (NO QUOTES)

5. Give it a description of something like: "Container: /TV Shows" so you know that when you're in Plex the "/TV Shows" folder is linked to "/mnt/user/PlexMedia/TV Shows"

Create as many as you like for each Library you plan on creating.

Edited by MowMdown
syntax

Just FYI, most of the dockers have their own support thread. CA has links to those threads. The first post in the thread will likely have some instructions, and more importantly, it will probably have a link to the docker github page. I've found that the github readme is usually the best place to check for up-to-date installation and setup instructions.