Port Forwarding to a VM trouble

I'm on Windows 10 and made a Windows 10 VM and everything was easy to setup followed the videos.  I can connect through remote desktop connection locally.  Used the br0 network bridge, and my system setup an IP address just like it was another computer on the network.  I have ports opened to actual devices on my network and they work great, but every time I try to open a port towards the VM's IP the port will not open.  I check with canyouseeme.org and I try from a remote computer and it is a no go.  I have also tried another router to see if my router was the problem.  I am currently using a R9000 and I tested it against a R7000.  Thanks for any info you can toss at me, and if I need to provide more info let me know, I am new to unraid, but got all my plex, sonarr, radarr, and nzbget setup flawlessly thanks to this forum.

I forgot to add that my vm's network is set to Private profile, and I disabled my windows firewall within my vm just in case that was blocking it, and I can open that same port when I put in the ip address of my unraid machine, or another computer in my network, just not the VM's ip. 

Hope I am explaining this all correctly, let me know if you need more info. 

Edited by Boren3459

My second post was not 100% accurate, I tried to open a port to another windows 10 computer (not VM) on my network and running into the same problem so my problem is not within the Unraid setup at all.  I have opened ports for plex running on unraid in this network, and for apps so I can control sonnar, radarr, and nzbget remotely.  So it is something I am doing wrong when I am opening ports specifically for Windows 10.