eth0 not found after adding a pci sata card.

Just bought a 10TB drive and out of sata ports. I added a pci sata card that I've used in the past with my old server and it seems to be disabling my onboard ethernet. I moved the card to different slots and same problem. after boot it tells me Device eth0 can't be found.

Motherboard is a sabertooth 990fx. 

the bios has the onboard ethernet enabled.

Thoughts? Thanks!

waiting on a PCI ethernet card to come in. Not easy to find them in stores on the weekend. I did buy a USB 3 ethernet adapter and its getting me buy but network just stops after 10-15 mins. If I change the IP it works again for 10-15 mins. My replacement card should be here tomorrow.

Ended up formatting the cache drive. I backup the data every week so it wasn't that big of a deal.

Thanks for the help.

31 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Be sure that you use a static strap when you install that new card.  (You can improvise one by using a clip lead between yourself and the computer case using your wrist watch band as the clip point on your body.)

Or, just make sure you keep your off hand or arm in constant contact with the case. Resting your forearm on the bare metal of the side of the case is plenty of grounding. I've never used a static strap in 30+ years of working on computers and circuits, always just been cognizant of what builds up static and how to keep it dissipated. When you walk up to your workbench, first contact is ALWAYS to the metal underframe of the workbench with your off hand, ESPECIALLY if you happen to be holding a stick of RAM or a CPU in the other hand.

• Upvote 1

Hey. Was wondering if someone could look at my current logs.

Like I said earlier, my temporary usb3 ethernet adapter stops working and if I change the IP it works again till it stops.

I wanted to run a parity check while I wait for my replacement card. I booted into gui safe mode no plugins. Network was running fine. I decided to do a test and enable dockers. Network stopped working after a few minutes till I changed IP like before. after it stopped working again, I disabled dockers and everything has been fine.

I noticed a usb high speed error in the logs before network failure.

Just wanting to make sure I will be ok with my pci ethernet card arrives.

Thanks

tower-diagnostics-20170822-0807.zip

As far as losing my networking with the usb3 device, it seems to be either my NZBGET or Unify docker. All the others are running and have had network for 30 mins none stop. Emby is doing a scan, which it hasn't been able to do since all this started. Well test the other 2 dockers when I can.

I did start nzbget first but killed it after i got red errors in my log. something about "transfer event TRB DMA ptr not part of current TD". will try to get full error when i can but it should be in my uploaded logs.