Will Sata card + Nic saturate the PCIE lanes?

fliptoback

Hi, still researching on the right mobo to get for my build and have a question re. the PCIE lanes. A motherboard I am looking at has 1 x PCIE2.0 x 4 lanes and 2 x PCIE2.0 x 1 lanes.

I wanted to put in a Sata 8 port into the PCIE 2.0 x 4 lanes slot and an intel nic into the PCIE 2.0x1 slot.

Will this saturate the PCIE lanes and cause a bottleneck to the system?

Thanks

Just now, johnnie.black said:

Not much info on that architecture, but I would expect it to use UMI (AMD DMI equivalent), that would be shared by both SATA ports plus the 6 PCIe lanes, so around 1600MB/s usable for all.

Thanks mate. So if I stick a 8 port Sata with the intention of running 10 x Sata devices (8 via sata card + 2 on board) + 1 x Intel Nic, will this 1600MB/s bandwidth be sufficient? 

1 minute ago, johnnie.black said:

I think so, if all are in use it can limit a little but nothing major and it should still provide decent performance.

Cheers for that. Looks like it is a go for me :-)

Just a last question if u don't mind, the mobo has an realtek 8111GR nic, and some other mobo that i quite like has the 8111H. I know that unraid is better with intel nic but will those 2 realtek chipsets work with unraid?