Is assigning half your cpus to unRaid a bad thing?

3 hours ago, 1812 said:

Nice. I was sitting at 48 but downgraded for higher clock speed on this server.

I got a ridiculous deal on this chip (friend works at Intel). I was more than happy with my older E3-1285v2 that this replaced. But I'm not complaining after the upgrade :D

Edited by Kewjoe
6 minutes ago, Kewjoe said:

I got a ridiculous deal on this chip (friend works at Intel). I was more than happy with my old E3-1285v2 that this replaced. But I'm not complaining after the upgrade :D

I end up using older technology. Dirt cheap, draws a little more power, but I end up saving tons more in the end.

I wonder if I could get Unraid to install on a moonshot platform, that should offer more than little more cores than these screenshots. Getting away with testing that in the lab is another matter though.

I'd love to see this on a moonshot platform, but I think they would show up as different servers so it wouldn't work out how I'd like.

EDIT - Returned the post closer to the original!

Edited by Tuftuf

This is what you said:

50 minutes ago, Tuftuf said:

It would be 48x8 but thinking about it, they should appear as different servers. It's up to the main application to be aware of the additional chips to use them in as it wishes. Often in transcoding use cases.

This is is what I heard:

50 minutes ago, Tuftuf said:

I.... uh... well.... maybe sort of can't ... do it... so you win...