Docker engine not starting

Sh0dan

Well in an attempt to try to fix an issue with a Docker I was having, I stopped the docker and deleted all the config files. Tried to re-download the docker image, and it hung during the download. Rest of my network was fine. Web GUI also hung and couldn't access to safely shutdown unRAID. I fire'd up PuTTy, stop the smb services running and then powered off the server.

Started back up for a dreaded parity check, and I noticed Docker wasn't running (always does during a parity check to my knowledge). Checked the log, and noticed "Not starting Docker new image file path doesn't exist". I think I've royally messed this up....

Relevant Info (let me know if there's any info you need)

UnRAID v6.1.9

log.txt

Backed up my Docker image to my desktop and followed the instructions here to no avail. Thought the image might have been corrupted. Still getting the same error as before:

Aug 6 22:44:02 NAS php: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/event/stopping_svcs
Aug 6 22:44:02 NAS logger: stopping docker ...
Aug 6 22:44:06 NAS php: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/event/started
Aug 6 22:44:06 NAS logger: Not starting Docker: new image file path doesn't exist

Stabbing in the dark at this point. Hopefully when the parity check finishes tomorrow evening the Docker engine will come online.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Never rename the user share you use for your dockers. I know using the cache disk share directly is the better solution.

For some reason when I try to directly reference the cache drive for a Docker's appdata (/config = /mnt/cache/Docker/Plex) for instance, it creates a new user share called 'Docker'. This is why I've always done /config = /mnt/user/_Docker. (I put underscores in front of all my user shares, yes I know it's weird)

Edited by Sh0dan
SOLVED
7 hours ago, Sh0dan said:

For some reason when I try to directly reference the cache drive for a Docker's appdata (/config = /mnt/cache/Docker/Plex) for instance, it creates a new user share called 'Docker'.

That's the way unraid's user share system works. Any folder on the root of a drive, either array data drive or cache drive, is automatically a user share, and all the root folders of the same name are merged into the same tree.

• Upvote 1