(SOLVED)(New user on trial) Installed this yesterday on brand new server, have had 2 complete freezes, but I think I know the problem

Been reading about unraid for a few months now and wanted to give this a spin. I bought a new server, built it yesterday, did a full memcheck from unraid USB. Everything was fine until....

I was following spaceinvader's tutorial on applications to install. When I got to Dynamix Temperature and hit DETECT, the server froze up. I did a hard reset. Then an error was coming up about try "sensor-detect". I went and tried that. I think this board came out a few months ago, so maybe there's nothing ready yet. I took the reboot opportunity to update the bios to F3.

Sorry, no sensors were detected.
Either your system has no sensors, or they are not supported, or
they are connected to an I2C or SMBus adapter that is not
supported. If you find out what chips are on your board, check
http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices for driver status.

Then when I went back into the server I was getting a failure to insert kvm_amd. I looked through the bios and everything is set appropriately.

AMD Ryzen 5 1600

http://www.gigabyte.us/Motherboard/GA-AB350M-D3H-rev-10#kf

tower-diagnostics-20170806-0725.zip

SOLVED: Updating to v6.4rc7a has resulted in no more freezes.

Edited by RonUSMC
solved

The issue you likely had prior to RC7a was with C-State in the bios, it causes the system to crash when idle. Disabling it fixed the issue but since RC7a this isthe ssue no long occurs.

Regarding sensors, some people have been able to force the detection but for myself I still don't see temps within unraid.