Asus mainboard "IOMMU" disabled?

I just built an unRAID on a desktop PC with an ASUS Prime H270-PLUS mainboard, i5-7500 CPU, 16GB non-ecc RAM (version 6.3.5).  I was looking around in Tools>System Profiler and found that IOMMU is "disabled".  For the life of me I cannot find a setting in the ASUS BIOS to enable it.  I have confirmed that "Intel Virtialization Technology" is Enabled.  A buddy has an unRAID on a different, though relatively recent, ASUS board with an i7 processor and unRAID shows IOMMU is enabled on his system. 

Can anyone tell me what this setting is for and whether or not it is significant to unRAID?  Thanks.

GS

12 hours ago, Gordon Shumway said:

Can anyone tell me what this setting is for and whether or not it is significant to unRAID?

It's for passthrough of hardware devices (video card, usb controller, etc) to a virtual machine hosted on unraid. It's not significant or needed for the basic operation of unraid, or of virtual machines. You can use VNC to connect and manage VM's without IOMMU being enabled.