AirVideo Server for iPhone/iPad- a "how-to"

Still working on this... sorry for the delays all.  I ran into a snag in compiling it on my test machine, even with the updates to the package mentioned earlier.  I think I have tracked down what is going on... at least on my machine so now I am working on a way around it.

Will hopefully have it all worked out by late tonight and have something up for people to test out.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still working on this... sorry for the delays all.  I ran into a snag in compiling it on my test machine, even with the updates to the package mentioned earlier.  I think I have tracked down what is going on... at least on my machine so now I am working on a way around it.

Will hopefully have it all worked out by late tonight and have something up for people to test out.

Thanks for your hard work ProStuff1, I look forward to this.

Just an update:

Did some testing last night and everything seems to be in order, though I was having some trouble with ffmpeg building reliably through the unMenu package.  I could build it from the command line without fail... but for some reason through unMenu would not quite work correctly.

Anyway, going to see what I can do about the build reliability tonight and then put up the package after a little testing.

Update:

The upgrade path seems to work except for one small problem I am running into.  The same code I use for the stop button on the User Scripts page (I created a new one as the old one did not work) I use in an attempt to stop Airvideo before a reinstall.  For whatever reason this does not seem to be working.  I will look into it tonight and see what I can come up with.  Hopefully I can solve this one last issue and finally get this out to you all that have been waiting patiently.

OK... freaking finally... I think I found a reliable way to kill the previous process(s) of Airvideo that might be running.  I have to finish off the testing but after that I should be able to put it up for everyone to take a look at and use later tonight.  Hopefully, if everyone can test this out we can get the Airvideo package back into the main unMenu distribution.

NOTE (in case anyone cares what took me so long):

The problem I was running into was a difference in the way running the command manually, running the .manual_install manually, and running via the "Install" button on the unMenu package manager page was doing things.  I could do the first 2 cases without issue and get the results I expected.  The last case... which is probably the most important one... was leading to different results.  It was a lot of guess check and revise, and the main reason it took me so long.

OK... freaking finally... I think I found a reliable way to kill the previous process(s) of Airvideo that might be running.  I have to finish off the testing but after that I should be able to put it up for everyone to take a look at and use later tonight.  Hopefully, if everyone can test this out we can get the Airvideo package back into the main unMenu distribution.

NOTE (in case anyone cares what took me so long):

The problem I was running into was a difference in the way running the command manually, running the .manual_install manually, and running via the "Install" button on the unMenu package manager page was doing things.  I could do the first 2 cases without issue and get the results I expected.  The last case... which is probably the most important one... was leading to different results.  It was a lot of guess check and revise, and the main reason it took me so long.

Let me know if you want me to test it.