rsync in a container

Can someone help me to make rsync available in a docker container.  I have a script I am firing off from transmission and it uses rsync.  rsync is in /usr/bin/ of unraid, but it's not available in the container.

I've tried copying the rsync binary to other places like the appdata folder for transmission but that hasn't worked.  Any clues greatly appreciated

On 22/07/2017 at 7:42 PM, Squid said:

Map /usr/bin to a folder in the container. Have your script directly reference the appropriate path. You May need to map / instead

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Thanks.  That makes sense.  Let me give it a shot later on.

Nope, no go.  /rsync in container mapped to /usr/bin/

When I exec into the container, it i can see this.

root@70f8c367696d:/$ rsync
bash: rsync: command not found
root@70f8c367696d:/$ cd rsync
root@70f8c367696d:/rsync$ rsync
bash: rsync: command not found
root@70f8c367696d:/rsync$ ls rsync
rsync
root@70f8c367696d:/rsync$

As seeing what I know about linux I found in a  corn flakes box, I've reached the limit of my trouble shooting.

6 hours ago, aptalca said:

Which transmission container? You can install it in that container from the package manager (apt install rsync for ubuntu), or ask the dev of that container image to add it

Yours :)

I can try to do it manually, but will that mean I need to reinstall every time there is an update?  Or if you drop rsync into your next update, I am happy to wait and will be eternally grateful