Current 12 or 16 port JBOD card?

I need to remove one of my 8 port cards and install a 12 or 16 port card. Anyone in particular using a 16 port JBOD card with no issues? I see the LSI SAS 9201 for $233 on Amazon that I would think "should" work, just looking for real world feedback. I did check the comparability wiki list.

22 minutes ago, opentoe said:

I need to remove one of my 8 port cards and install a 12 or 16 port card. Anyone in particular using a 16 port JBOD card with no issues? I see the LSI SAS 9201 for $233 on Amazon that I would think "should" work, just looking for real world feedback. I did check the comparability wiki list.

I have both an LSI SAS9201-16i and -16e. Both work great. The -16i is $180 on eBay. The -16e is about $50 on eBay.

No flash needed.

1 minute ago, CHBMB said:

It's caused me some headaches with the DVB builds! Bloody dutchmen and their out of tree drivers! :P

Why the bloody English insist to have their own builds, is beyond me.

Good news though. We tested the in-tree driver and all is working fine. You can continue your happy DVBing...

3 hours ago, bjp999 said:

I have both an LSI SAS9201-16i and -16e. Both work great. The -16i is $180 on eBay. The -16e is about $50 on eBay.

No flash needed.

Wish I could get that 16e. All the connections are external on that card and I have a server case. I may drop and get the LSI SAS9201-16i. Thanks.

Stupid me. I should have known I have more PCI slots in my main board! I have 3 PCIEX16 slots and 2 PCIEX1 slots. Using the 2 PCIEX1 slots for 2 8 port controllers and using the PCIEX16_3 for the third and final 8 port controller. 24 port case, might as well use those ports. I also already had several Dell 310's in IT mode already. It is on the 10th hour doing a pre-clear. It says 175MB/sec. Just finish! Using that drive as my second parity and have another 8TB that's replacing an old 2TB.