Asus ASMB8-iKVM owners please help!

I updated the firmware on my module last week but I made the huge mistake of not taking note that you have to get the firmware that is specific for the motherboard. As you can guess the kvm is now unusable it powers up and the motherboard detects its presence but is not able to access it. The web gui loads via the lan but I am unable to login with any username/password combination I can think of.

I have tired re flashing the firmware using the bootable usb drive method but I get an error from yaflash saying it timed out getting the flashinfo, I'm guessing it can't read from it due to the motherboard unable to read the module. I was going to start fresh using the support cd that came with the module but I have unfortunately misplaced it.

It seems you cannot download an ISO of the support cd from the ASUS website so I was wondering if anyone would be able to grab theirs and rip it to an iso for me?

If anyone else has any suggestions of getting the correct firmware back on without the CD I will also be interested. If I cant fix this I may have to resort to buying another module :(

Thanks

[EDIT] FYI the motherboard is the Z10PA-U8

Edited by Tango
Added mobo info
  • 8 months later...

Unfortunately, not. I started a ticket with Asus but they where no help at all, I don't have the emails anymore so I can't remember what they said.

Unfortunately @chris78464 I ended up buying a new one. The only up side is they aren't that expensive. Even with the new one I can't get the KVM (the remote connection java bit) working so it a waste of money anyway. I'll be buying a Supermicro board as soon as i have the money.

Sorry that wasn't the answer you where expecting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...