Windows 10 gpu pass through.[solved]

I have a Z77 motherboard (tower vga output is on board and on hdmi) 

I've 2 x nvidia gtx660 cards. 

I can launch a Windows 10 vm with vnc with no issue. 

added :  "vfio_iommu_type1.allow_unsafe_interrupts=1" to the Syslinux config

Enable PCIe ACS Override: has been set to yes

Added <rom file='/mnt/user/isos/EVGA.rom'/> to my XML file.

I've tried utilising GPU2 instead of 1 but that makes no difference, the VM starts, log file doesn't say a lot but there is no GPU output. 

Any ideas please?

***** Update *****

Changed bios to use GPU1 for unraid (this boots ok and card used) 

Changed VM to use GPU2 for video/sound

Still no video output.. only indication from log is "libusb: error [submit_bulk_transfer] submiturb failed error -1 errno=28"

***** Update *****

Created new VM with seabios.. no difference at all

Edited by djcslip

If you use the default template for windows 10, it's using OVMF. Try to create a new VM that uses seabios. To get this option you need to toggle the view switch in the top right corner so you get into the advanced mode.

I don't think your GPU supports EFI and that is the problem.

Also please post what GPU you are using. Also your iommu groups and devices.

So you have enabled acs override because your iommu groups were not clear without this.

Were you getting an error saying something like failed to set iommu for container..... and that's why you added  vfio_iommu_type1.allow_unsafe_interrupts=1  ?

I am asking because many people add things when they have a problem such as a black screen for the gpu and the fix they are using is for something else.

So if you don't need these things don't use them. Only use them if you are having those errors.

Make sure the motherboard is set for primary to be your onboard GPU. Check that by seeing console output from it. 

Try the ROM file I linked above as it has UEFI support in that bios as some 660 bioses don't. Also another obvious question is

is the card a 660 and not a 660ti? As bios will be different.

Sorry if some of my questions seem obvious just trying to get a clear picture of whats happening

@gridrunner

Thank you for the bios. 

I removed  vfio_iommu_type1.allow_unsafe_interrupts=1 from the sysconfig. Rebuilt the vmware using the rom pass through and we got output! 

However - now it crashes on log in screen

libusb: error [submit_bulk_transfer] submiturb failed error -1 errno=28
qemu-system-x86_64: hw/usb/core.c:535: usb_packet_check_state: Assertion `!"usb packet state check failed"' failed.
2017-07-19 08:16:21.889+0000: shutting down, reason=crashed

Edited by djcslip