Before I do something stupid

I am trying to convert my disks to XFS but last time I tried the server failed half way through (server lock ups is the reason I have been advised to convert)

Now I have come back to it I want to check that I am not about to destroy my array. I think the "new" swap drive is the last in the array, Disk17. If I go to Settings→Global Share Settings then I can see that Disk 17 is excluded. However, my user shares show that they are set to "All Disks" and if I click on that it shows Disk1→Disk16. 

So I presume I am OK to format Disk 17, which has some data on it (from the last transfer that failed?) and restart the process described here https://wiki.lime-technology.com/File_System_Conversion#Mirroring_procedure_to_convert_drives

Please just let me know, I would hate to lose a load of data.

That should be fine, although I'd confirm that the "... some data on it "  is data that's also on the array in another location.   As long as you were COPYING, and not MOVING the data, then that should be the case; but clearly you don't want to format the drive and wipe out that data only to later discover it's not on any other disk at this point.

I think that it started copying, as per the instructions using rsync but then the server became unresponsive and the transfer failed.

I have found that one drive on the array looks like the one I was copying from but some of the data has changed since then, some added and some removed.