Storj plugin request

How much money do you make off this? Is it like $0.75 a month, or something more pleasant? IBasically, is it worth the effort?

At the moment it's probably not worth it if your just in it for the money. It's more about supporting the projects in the infancy because you like the idea of encrypted cloud storage.

I imagine once they improve there products and gain more main stream market adoption they may become more worth while. If you already have a machine that runs 24/7 and has spare HDD space.

SIA is very easily in development

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

It's paid out in Storj cryptocurrency (which is built on ethereum). The equivalent of a few hundred USD. The payout breakdown depends on a number of things:

http://blog.storj.io/post/156584576553/storj-payout-transparency

paymentModelFunction = function(gbHours, telemReports, downloadedBytes) {
 gbHoursScaled =  (gbHours - mean(gbHours)) / sd(gbHours)
 telemReportsScaled =  (telemReports - mean(telemReports)) / sd(telemReports)
 downloadedBytesScaled = (downloadedBytes - mean(downloadedBytes)) / sd(downloadedBytes)

basePayout = 10
 ghHourPayout = 12.2221 * gbHoursScaled
 telemReportsPayout = 0.1452 * telemReportsScaled
 downloadedBytesPayout = 12.6849 * downloadedBytesScaled

finalPayout = ghHourPayout + telemReportsPayout + downloadedBytesPayout + basePayout
}

*****I was speaking to a docker dev from storj. Can anyone recommend any of the unraid devs who would want to collaborate on working with Storj?

Edited by Pandemic
  • 6 months later...

I have a fully operational Sia docker I run. Still need to update it to the new wallet v.1.3.1 though. I'll need to post a few bullet points as a guide when I'm home again in a couple of weeks.

Edited to add: I also had a Storj docker set up and running, but the thing with Storj is if your latency is too high from the bridge (of which there is only one in US I believe) then you don't get any contracts. There's a blog floating around somewhere of a guy who tried to set up his own bridge, but I don't think it worked out at all. I should still have the draft config buried somewhere in my unraid box.

Edited by mishmash-
  • 2 weeks later...

Scary, I think I know how to make these  Docker Containers now. This appears to be running. The template is based on Storj public nightly build. Here is the Storj hub.

This is NOT the Storj GUI, just the daemon, which is accessed through cli via docker. Only seems like one important command anyways:

docker exec Storj storjshare status

EDIT: ((Nuked the template)) Can now be found on the Community Apps Plugin. 

Edited by Jcloud