Computers can't join domain on ADDC VM (no ping)

Ok, so I may be completely wrong about what my issue actually is (i'm only 19 and setting up an ADDC is the most complicated thing I have done). Let me explain what is going on, then what I think is wrong.

The bulk of our office network is on the 192.168.1.X network (including our UnRAID box with a Server 2016 standard server) and I am attempting to setup an ADDC server for login and security, but the computers are unable to join the domain that I set up on the server, they are also unable to ping the server.

What I THINK is going on is that UnRAID's virtual network switch is assigning a 192.168.122.X IP address to the server putting it on a separate part of the network (term?).

If I am correct how do I put the server on the 192.168.1.X network, or allow it to access it? If I am wrong what could be causing the problem?

Thanks guys!

Whether a VM is assigned a private subnet or is on the same subnet as the unRAID server is defined by the network settings of the VM.    If the type is set to ‘virbr0’ (which I think is the default) it will be on a private network.    Instead you want it on a bridged network (typically br0), but before doing so you need to enable bridged networking in the unRAID network settings (this is also where the name br0 would be defined).  Once you have done this the VM should end up on the same subnet as the unRAID server.

• Upvote 1