Question Cache Drive SSD/HDD???

Hi guys,

I´m new in this forum. Spend a lot of time messing around with Openmediavault using SnapRaid and MergerFS. After watching the videos from "Spaceinvader One" on YT I was really impressed about unRAID.

As you can see in my sig I have a lot of HDD´s and just 1 small 120 GB-SSD. I want to keep the library from Plex on the SSD and use the small 500 GB 2,5"-HDD as a cache drive. I think, this should be possible using the unassigned disk plugin, right? The small 500 GB 2,5"-HDD should be used as a cache drive to copy the files from the backup to the array. Last topic is the hot swap docking station on top of the chassis for backups. Is it possible to use the unassigned plugin for this docking station? Because I have different HDD´s for backup. So, is the unassigned plugin dedicated to the disk or the SATA-port?

Thanks in advance for your comments. 

2 hours ago, hitman2158 said:

I think, this should be possible using the unassigned disk plugin, right?

Yes

2 hours ago, hitman2158 said:

Is it possible to use the unassigned plugin for this docking station? Because I have different HDD´s for backup. So, is the unassigned plugin dedicated to the disk or the SATA-port?

UD will work with the docking station (its a sata connection to the motherboard, so make sure that AHCI and HotPlug if an option is enabled within the BIOS), and will automatically different drives as they are inserted (and optionally run scripts when ever a certain disk is inserted)