Couchpotato to Radarr

bally12345

I'm thinking of switching to Radarr but I don't know how much I need to modify my setup and if the rename and mover are upto scratch.

At the moment add movies to CP

CP sends to Sab which saves into /downloads/SAB/movies/

CP then renames folder and moves to /downloads/Movies/

Will Radarr do the same for some reason iv never for Sonarr to move shows to /Videos/TV Shows/Showname/Season

CP has worked fine but recently it just seems to be missing a load of releases.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, bally12345 said:

Will Radarr do the same

Yes

22 minutes ago, bally12345 said:

for some reason iv never for Sonarr to move shows to /Videos/TV Shows/Showname/Season

Sonarr does work, so its something in your settings within sonarr or in the paths your mapped in the template

18 minutes ago, CrashnBrn said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I've seen Radarr doesn't grab metadata yet. Did they add that? I know that CP grabs a ton of metadata for Kodi.

Honestly don't know.  I do know that when I played around with CP and creating metadata for Kodi, I was less than impressed with the results.  (Or more to the point, the lack of brevity).  I prefer Kodi to grab the metadata itself.

9 minutes ago, Squid said:

Honestly don't know.  I do know that when I played around with CP and creating metadata for Kodi, I was less than impressed with the results.  (Or more to the point, the lack of brevity).  I prefer Kodi to grab the metadata itself.

Yeah a lot of people go that route, and if that's the case Radarr or CP work. But I like to have my metadata saved locally in the folder.

1 minute ago, CrashnBrn said:

Yeah a lot of people go that route, and if that's the case Radarr or CP work. But I like to have my metadata saved locally in the folder.

Periodically have kodi  save it (backup library to separate files).  Plus is that should you need to ever rebuild your database (shared or not), the watched status is picked up.

I primarily use plex now because I don't live in the same location of my server. But CP did a good job of downloading all the bits and bobs including subs.

Radarr seems a little confusing but sure il get used to it. Same with Sonar

I think my issue is more to do with categories.

Seems to be acting odd I think I have the profile setup wrong as it's downloading and showing up as 576p I'm assuming that's br rip?

Still getting used to it. Il try post some screen shots because non of my tv shows move.

Anyone good recommendation for lists to use?

I can't seem to get files to move from download folder to my /downloads/Movie

Looks like CP did a better job of renaming and moving.

Not sure if I need to change settings in Sab or radarr.

Normally I just leave file name as it is so I know what releases it is and have folder reamed to /Movie Name (year)/

It gets really messy,  Couch potato does a great job at renaming and moving files. What i like about it is that i could drop a file into the watched folder and CP would grab it rename it and move no issues.

Radarr on the other hand does not, if its not in your list it will not touch it. You have to add it to the list and then import them manually.

I could be wrong or have it setup wrong but that's what I've experienced , also radar is still in development status.

• Upvote 1

Same issue really. But what iv also noticed is profile conflicts. Looks like radarr might have been deleting and replacing files but I noticed a few 576p qualities in plex where as when CP downloads min quality is 720p.

Simple change I know but just one more thing I need to change...