Advanced Buttons Support

Advanced Buttons is a plugin that simplifies some Docker and Plugin tasks, like Start/Stop/Update Docker containers in batch, and update plugins in batch.

It also can save your current container list and restore it later, in case of some docker image corruption, in just one click.

• 2 weeks later...

Request Feature Enhancement: Start All Containers (Autostart only)

Use case: Have several containers that are installed, but some only need to be run periodically. I needed to stop and some time later start my running containers. Stop all works okay, but have to manually start up 10 containers one by one (with GUI refreshes).

• Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Right after I installed 6.4.1 the "Fix Common Problems" plug-in sent me the following message:

**** advanced.buttons.plg Not Compatible with unRaid version 6.4.1 ****

I removed the plug-in but when I was updating the dockers one-by-one today, realized just how handy the Advanced Buttons plug-in is!  It doesn't appear that the Advanced Buttons plug-in is still in the Apps tab so I couldn't re-install it there.  My searching for it led me to this forum but based on zin105's comments I will not re-install it right now.

I hope to see this plug-in updated and back soon!

On 2/10/2018 at 12:52 PM, scott47 said:

Right after I installed 6.4.1 the "Fix Common Problems" plug-in sent me the following message:

I removed the plug-in but when I was updating the dockers one-by-one today, realized just how handy the Advanced Buttons plug-in is!  It doesn't appear that the Advanced Buttons plug-in is still in the Apps tab so I couldn't re-install it there.  My searching for it led me to this forum but based on zin105's comments I will not re-install it right now.

+1 to this. I was doing this today as well and it was pretty painful. I have definitely been spoiled by Advanced Buttons. I am very surprised this functionality hasn't been integrated into Unraid itself.

Hint hint @limetech:D

On 2/10/2018 at 12:52 PM, scott47 said:

Why not use the CA Auto Update plugin? You won’t have to push a button at all.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Why not use the CA Auto Update plugin? You won’t have to push a button at all.

I hadn't thought about that, thank you!

To be honest one problem is I really don't like things updating all by themselves.  I prefer to know when something is updated so if there are problems I'll have any idea if anything changed recently.  I'm going to look at this and give it some thought, but I would still prefer that all updates require some human intervention...

• Like 1
On 15.2.2018 at 6:15 AM, scott47 said:

I hadn't thought about that, thank you!

To be honest one problem is I really don't like things updating all by themselves.  I prefer to know when something is updated so if there are problems I'll have any idea if anything changed recently.  I'm going to look at this and give it some thought, but I would still prefer that all updates require some human intervention...

You get notifications when it updates, so you will know if anything changed. 

Edited by saarg

For those who really want Advanced Buttons to run under 6.4.1, paste the following URL into plugins - Install plugin: (to reinstall it)

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gfjardim/unRAID-plugins/master/plugins/advanced.buttons.plg

Then via the User Scripts plugin, add this script set to run at First Array Start Only and reboot 

sed -i '213s/.*/$Cmd=str_replace(\"\/usr\/local\/emhttp\/plugins\/dynamix.docker.manager\/scripts\/docker\", \"\/usr\/bin\/docker\", $Cmd);/' /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/advanced.buttons/script/create

This will at least allow advanced buttons to update containers without orphaning them.  No idea about any of the other functions of advanced buttons, as I don't use the plugin at all.

Edited by Squid
Can't use go file to make the change
  • Like 2
33 minutes ago, Squid said:

For those who really want Advanced Buttons to run under 6.4.1, paste the following URL into plugins - Install plugin:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gfjardim/unRAID-plugins/master/plugins/advanced.buttons.plg

Then via the User Scripts plugin (or in the go file), add this script set to run at First Array Start Only and reboot

sed -i '213s/.*/$Cmd=str_replace(\"\/usr\/local\/emhttp\/plugins\/dynamix.docker.manager\/scripts\/docker\", \"\/usr\/bin\/docker\", $Cmd);/' /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/advanced.buttons/script/create

This will at least allow advanced buttons to update containers without orphaning them.  No idea about any of the other functions of advanced buttons, as I don't use the plugin at all.

Wow, Squid, this is great, thank you!!

I installed this and set up the script but I don't currently have any dockers to update so I can't test it.  I have the appdata backing up weekly so even if I do lose it, it's not a big deal.  

I will post an update as soon as I am able to test this.

Thanks for all your help!

Scott

On 2/15/2018 at 9:01 PM, scott47 said:

Wow, Squid, this is great, thank you!!

I installed this and set up the script but I don't currently have any dockers to update so I can't test it.  I have the appdata backing up weekly so even if I do lose it, it's not a big deal.  

I will post an update as soon as I am able to test this.

Thanks for all your help!

Scott

I used the Advanced Buttons, update all dockers option after following Squid's instructions and everything worked perfectly!  It still shows up as a problem with fix common problems but I'll just ignore the error.

Thank you so much for your help!  It's great to have Advanced Buttons back!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...