SMBD: no process found errors

Rolled back to unRAID OS version 6.3.4.  No change; samba will not load.  Dynamix Cache Dirs refuses to uninstall.  I even went into the plugins folder and deleted the Cache Dirs folder.  It still shows up as an installed plugin on boot.  Perhaps it is loading from another location?

At this point, I don't know what else to do other than a clean install preserving only share definitions.

I do have my system connected to a different router than before, but, I can't see how that in any way would affect the ability of samba to load on the server.  It's the only difference between my working system six weeks ago and now as I have rolled back to 6.3.4.

This certainly is a baffling issue.

Edited by Hoopster

I have formatted another flash disk and installed unRAID 6.3.5 preserving only the shares config, super.dat, unRAID licencse and network config from the prior flash drive.  Fortunately, my boot flash drive is the Kingston Mobilelite G2 so all I had to do was swap in a new SD card in the reader.  I still have the old one should I decide to copy over other config files.

SUCCESS!!!

With a a new flash drive and clean install, I get no samba errors.  My server shows up in Windows network and all shares are accessible.  Doing the happy dance right now  :)

I'll be installing plugins one by one to see if one of them caused the problem, even though I had removed them all except the problematic Cache Directories. Then on to dockers and new VM configs.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just experienced the exact same problem. I'm in the process of setting up a new USB as described by Hoopster. 

Like Hoopster I didn't change anything. I noticed that my shares wouldn't work and then started investigating and found the same SMBD errors on the console. 

If someone has another fix please let me know.  I really don't want this to happen again.

Not sure if this is relevant to your problem but I found my unRAID server quite sluggish this morning and all my mounted SMB shares were gone from my Windows box.  Last night I had started an unBALANCE to move files off a smaller drive that I want to replace with a 2nd cache drive (limited SATA connections).  I started following some of the advice in this thread and noticed that my load averages were over 13!  Then I realized that the network activity light on the target for the unBALANCE, a flaky Synology DS1511+ which is being replaced by unRAID, was off.  This has been happening with the Synology for the past few weeks - it seems to be going to sleep.

I suspected that the unBALANCE got hung when the Synology went to sleep so I killed the rsync process that was running on unRAID and the load average dropped to normal (the unBALANCE process crashed).  I tried to unmount the Synology NFS from UNASSIGNED disks but it wouldnt unmount until the rsync was killed. Just for fun I did a reboot and everything seems to be back in order.  I suspect the Synology box knows it is being replaced by unRAID :).