System intermittently unresponsive

Jessie

Sorry, not sure where I should place this question.

I built an unraid server with a couple of VM's and a couple of dockers.

Essentially it runs well for maybe a week or 2. Then the system locks up.

Totally unresponsive.  Can't telnet to it.  All vm's and dockers are unresponsive.  The information is still present on the unraid boot screen after lockup.

The only way back is a forced shutdown and turn it on again, then it will go for another week or so and crash again.

Hardware is an e3-245 processor on a gigabyte x170-WS-ecc motherboard.

32gb ecc ram, 2 x Samsung 500gb evo850 ssd's for the cache and 3 x western digital 3tb reds for the array.

There is a ASUS radeon r5-230 card for monitoring one of the vm's.  The other vm is accessed via rdp.

There is a usb controller which is mapped to one of the vm's so that usb backup drives can be hot swapped within the vm.

The VM's are Windows 10 pro and small business server 2008.  The small business server is a domain controller, so the unraid server has a static address to be accessible, then the sbs software takes over the domain after it boots.  The USB controller is mapped to the SBS vm and the graphics card is mapped to the windows 10 vm.

There is a privoxy docker loaded for popup blocking and Nextcloud/Mariadb/Letsencrypt is working in the system but not being utilised yet.

The system is protected by a UPS.  I originally had the UPS usb cord plugged in and the unraid ups monitoring enabled.

When it started crashing the unraid screen displayed a message about (I think) int 32 don't care or something along those lines.

I researched int32 and found it was related to the ups monitoring so I unconfigured it and removed the usb connector.

This improved the reliability from a crash every couple of days to every couple of weeks.  (Realistically 1.5 to 2 weeks)

So now I'm not sure where to look.  I've built quite a few unraid machines and also another 3 using the same hardware but different configurations as above and they are rock solid. They just work.

The others are using multiple graphics cards as well as mapped usb controllers, multiple operating systems without any issues.

My only doubt is whether I have pushed the envelope too far with Small business server.  Alternatively it might be a hardware issue.  I don't know.

HELP!!!