Homelab/Network suggestions for placing unraid and vms across vlans

Tuftuf

I'm rebuilding my network at home and finally thinking about placing devices such as cameras or hive within a dmz. I'll be getting FTTH in about 2 months and slowly getting ready for that, still it'll only be 250/30 but its more than the DSL connection I'm on now!

Any suggestions on what issues I face?

• It doesn't seem the best idea to place Unraid on all the vlans, but also I recall reading something about Unraid is intended only to be accessed off its management IP and the vlans are for use with VM's and Dockers.
  • Plex will need access to the media on Unraid and need to provide access to machines on the local network.This might make it difficult to place plex in the DMZ.
  • CCTV Cameras only need to write to a VM locally, that VM(Blueiris will need access to Unraid shares to write but I also want to open it up to the internet and not allow that machine to access anything else.
  • Not on the diagram, but similar for TVHeadend, it'll need local and internet access and write recordings to Unraid shares.
  • Phones, Tablets, Kodi. These will be on the LAN but need access to Plex, TVHeadend.. might end up placing all access at home through a VPN.
  • Work VM's will need internet access and access to a Unraid Share. But not access to the rest...

Trying to avoid all the routing been done by PfSense, but starting to look at this and think it might be the best option for the moment.

Another option to create VM's in each of the VLANS and only offer the shares required on that network, but this is adding another layer on top of Unraid which I would like to avoid.

Any comments about where people normally place Plex etc and handle unraid shares when they have multiple networks ?

homelab.PNG