I am in love!

Catutzi

After almost 5 months in which I tried all NAS solutions (FreeNAS (even Corral), NAS4Free, OpenMediaVault) I finally decided to give it a try to unRAID.

Let me just tell you: WOW!

What kept me so long for trying all this months with different software was the inability to find a plugin/addon for nextcloud/owncloud. Each software had a issue:

- on freenas the plug wasn't updated since v9; if i tried to manually install there was no complete docs or tutorial

- on nas4free even worst - not even manage to start the instalation

- omv - docker errors

And let me just tell you: i tried very-very hard; lots of reinstallations from 0.

And then: BANG!

Installed unRAID this morning and after only 4-5 hours I have already installed nextcloud without any issues.

I am very grateful and most certain I will buy the license next week.

Thank you!

On 6/30/2017 at 1:52 PM, Catutzi said:

After almost 5 months in which I tried all NAS solutions (FreeNAS (even Corral), NAS4Free, OpenMediaVault) I finally decided to give it a try to unRAID.

Let me just tell you: WOW!

What kept me so long for trying all this months with different software was the inability to find a plugin/addon for nextcloud/owncloud. Each software had a issue:

- on freenas the plug wasn't updated since v9; if i tried to manually install there was no complete docs or tutorial

- on nas4free even worst - not even manage to start the instalation

- omv - docker errors

And let me just tell you: i tried very-very hard; lots of reinstallations from 0.

And then: BANG!

Installed unRAID this morning and after only 4-5 hours I have already installed nextcloud without any issues.

I am very grateful and most certain I will buy the license next week.

Thank you!

I also tried all kinds of NAS software, and eventually came back to unRAID. unRAID is really nice, and Docker is awesome. At the moment I'm running a seconde unRAID server. I'm considering to buy a second license. 

I have to try Nextcloud.., I'm looking for a self hosted cloud service.

22 hours ago, CHBMB said:

There's a guide on our website for nextcloud installation.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Thanks for linking to the guide.

Edited by MvL