Sticky poll for new features to be voted upon.

I think there should be a sticky in this section or the unscheduled section where there is a poll for new features Limetech are considering putting in the system.

Or maybe the ten best suggestions in this section. I see some good ideas in this section then they are lost later moving down the page

as new ideas get posted. It would be good to see the best ideas stay at the top where they can be voted on and we can see how popular they are.

Edited by gridrunner
  • Like 1

I'd be interested in seeing some discussion about the next major NAS features to be added.  Now that we have Dual Parity (yay LimeTech!), I'd be interested in knowing if there's any thinking around increased support within the OS for things like data integrity or ransomware protection.

People have been asking for a while, but Limetech generally doesn't publicly disclose anything forward, and I can understand why; being such a small team, they are opening up a rather large can of worms (read: user disappointment) for not getting feature X deployed on time, and the like. It would be lovely to see, but I doubt it.

For what it's worth, I'd love to see more native monitoring tools in unRAID. I know there are docker containers and plugins that can be used, but really, they should be native. Container/VM usage of CPU, RAM, NICs, disks, etc. I'd also love some QoL stuff: Not having to put the array in a failed state to replace a drive, similar with parity, for example.