Noob Help - V6.3.5 & Plex

Hi all, 

I have been using unRaid for 5 years but after installing my server never changed anything. I have rebuilt my server from new with larger hard drives and have install v6.3.5 from fresh. My parity drive is currently building but I am having issues setting up Plex. I am not super technical so have followed a youtube guide and a post on this site but to no avail and wondered if anyone could help. 

I have got Docker set up (i think) and have installed Plex container. I have set up the folders but for some reason Plex can not see them where I was advised in the guide they would. I have popped in screen shots of what I see. Would anyone be able to advise? 

Thanks in advance. 

Mark.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

4 minutes ago, mobileman22 said:

Hi, thanks for your reply. I am not sure what you mean by a docker command though. I have done everything on the GUI so far. Thanks. 

I am talking about the GUI. It shows the docker run command when you start the docker. Did you read the link?

You haven't mapped any of your media folders. I think the Add/Update Container page has changed somewhat since the videos were made.

From that page, click on the Plex icon and select Edit. That will get you back to the Update Container page. Then click Edit beside the Movies folder and post a screenshot.

You need to browse to the /Movies folder. Click on the line just below the one with the "home" icon and the word plex, the one that just has a / next to it. That will show what is in the root folder, and you should find another folder there named Movies. Select that one and ADD.

Sadly I tried that. It was my first thought but alas it still isnt there. 

I also tried browsing to the /mnt folder as i thought it might be in /mnt/user/movies but there are no folders in mnt. Sorry, thanks for all this help by the way. It is very much appreciated. I also looked in the /usr folder to no avail. 

Capture10.PNG

Edited by mobileman22
Added screenshot.

Here is mine for an example. Look at my Anime one. 

You have to remember that it depends on where you map your folders in the Edit Configuration where its going to show up in Plex. For instance if you map everything to /Media/Anime it would show up in Plex under the /Media folder. So its up to you where you want things. I was lazy and just mapped everything to / which shows up as /Anime 

share.PNG

plex.PNG

mapped Folders.PNG

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, trurl said:

Ok, I have had some moderate success after your last reply. It seemed there was a 'force update' button under the Docker Plex version. Once I hit this it now shows a list like yours. 

Within Plex, the folders are showing up. I put one type of media in each folder on the server to test. Some work, some dont. 

Capture11.PNG

Capture12.PNG

Capture13.PNG

Capture14.PNG

Capture15.PNG

Have you ever used Plex before? Plex only plays certain types of files. And some naming conventions are expected for them to be matched to the online databases.

What file(s) are in '/mnt/user/TV/Tommy Cooper' that you think should show up in your Plex library?

Sounds like you have gotten past the unRAID problems and you are now at a point where you need to learn about Plex. Maybe the Plex website and forums would be a better place for that.