FS: Areca ARC-1280ML 12-Port Raid Card, WD WD5000HHTZ-04N21V0

I've used the Areca card in my main server for the past 3 years, without any issues.  Includes the battery and a cache module.  Was running a 2 4tb-spanned array as a parity drive.  Bought the battery back on 6/2015, still works fine and holds a charge.  Card wouldn't fit in my new system so I replaced it with a low profile LSI.  Everything works fine on it, all 12 ports work, as does the RJ45 on the back for network access (it's currently set static, 192.168.0.235 I believe).  I have the card listed on ebay with a 69.99+shipping buy it now, but would sell directly to anyone here for 60 shipped.  I will also supply 3 8087 to 4-sata breakout cables with this.

I also have a WD5000HHTZ-04N21V0 10k RPM Raptor that I was using as my cache drive (replaced with a 500g SSD this weekend).  It's still got 21 months of warranty left, and has had no issues according to the smart statistics (attached to this post).  I don't have a use for it anymore, so I'm putting it up here as well.  I'd like to get 50 shipped.

I also have a Chenbro SR107 Tower case with 2 4 bay hot swap modules in the lower bays, plus a Supermicro 5-in-3 in the 5.25" bays, and a Supermicro dual 2.5-in-1 3.5" bay.  I'd rather not ship this if at all possible, so maybe someone local/close to me would be interested?  The case has been emptied, and still has all the drive trays, along with most of the screws (I have a baggie of the screws that I used on this, but assume you'll need more to fully load the box).  I was using the above card to drive 2 of the 4 bay modules, and all but one slot on the 5 bay, and the mobo ports on the other 3.   All fans work, and I have a new Corsair 120mm to put it the back fan mount.  The case is a bit dusty but I'll blow it out if anybody is interested (I'll get pictures of this case tonight).  I'll even include an adapter for an onboard USB motherboard header to 2 usb ports, so you can mount your unraid key internally (worked great on the system, my new box has that built on the mobo so not needed anymore).  Other than the raid chassis and fans, this case is empty, no mobo, no power supply, no drives.I also do have a mounting plate for using dual-redundant power supplies in this case, just never got around to buying the supplies/module to install it.  I don't really have a price in mind, so make an offer.  I could ship this, but the buyer will have to pay the shipping (it won't be cheap, even without any drives or electronics in it, it's a big, heavy case).

I have a Areca ARC-1680IX-24 that is giving me a firmware error.  If you know how to fix these, you'll have a nice 28 port card (24 internal 4 external).  Make an offer, but this one is being sold as-is.  It does have the metal full-height bracket on it, just not in the picture.  All this will be is the card, no cables included.

media01-smart-20170626-1119.zip

2017-06-20 23.43.30.jpg

2017-06-21 12.46.07.jpg

This is the link to the case, without the hot-swap bays (came with 2 4 drive bays that weren't removable, I replaced those with the hotswap modules).  I don't think I have the old static-drive bays anymore, nor the blank covers for the upper 3 5.25 bays where the 5-in-3 is located.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811123131R&cm_re=sr10769-_-11-123-131R-_-Product

The hotswap bays were around 60/each for the 4 bay ones.  The 2 bay 2.5" is actually a Chenbro as well, which was around 50.  The 5-in-3 is a Supermicro, which I believe was around 60-70.  I've got around 400 in the case, but I'll let it go for much less for someone local-ish, of if you're not local, if you pay actual shipping (which I'd need to weigh it to get a shipping if anybody is interested).

Edited by heffe2001

The ARC-1231ML is a very nice card if you have an x8 slot for it to go into. I am running one is an x4 slot on my backup server, with 6 drives connected.

Because it is a PCIe 1.x card, the bandwidth is somewhat limited, and if you ran 16 drives (in an x8 slot) or 8 drives (in an x4 slot), the bandwidth per drive would be limited to 125 MB/sec (more like 110MB/sec in real world). With 12 drives (x8) or 6 drives (x4), each drive is limited to 165 MB/sec (~150 MB/sec real world). So generally I'd say 12 drives is about the max to run. But it is a 12 drive card, so that works out quite nicely.

Unfortunately the slightly more modern ARC-1680IX-24 also has the same PCIe 1.x limitation, so running more than 12-16 drives in an x8 slot would seriously slow things down. Except in a backup server with smaller drive sizes and were performance isn't as important.