RootFS full

Hi all

Im in the process of building a new unRAID system and Im currently moving data to the new drives.

Im copying the data from a Windows 10 box using robocopy to SMB shares on the unRAID server.

The copy runs fine, speed is reasonable etc for about an hour, then everything stops and I get errors from robocopy.  Cannot connect to unRAID via SMB, but everything looks fine in the web inerface.

On further investigation I find that the rootfs is full.

I reboot, all shares are fine, everything works great for about an hour of data copying, then poof, same issue.

Ive attached a USB to the server directly and copied a large chunk of data using cp (around 3-4 hours worth) and didnt have the same issue, so it certainly got something to do with SMB.

Ive just done a large-ish copy and watched my rootfs go from 72M free to 45M free in the space of a few minutes.  If I go much further rootfs will fill up and I wont have space to run the diags.

Hopefully there is enough data in the diags to find out whats going on.

I dont have any dockers or vms running.

Cheers

Dean

tower-diagnostics-20170626-2009.zip

I have 1Gb memory, this is a reasonably old QNAP box, meaning it has an Atom 1Ghz processor.  It runs fine, albeit a bit slow if I try any docker images.

The command Im using to copy is:

robocopy M:\Share T:\Share /S /E /W:1 /R:1000 /xo /fft

M: is a USB attached to my local PC, T is mapped to \\tower\Media

Attached du -hx / (added x as Im sure you dont want a listing of all my /mnt data :) )

fsroot.txt

39 minutes ago, dman75 said:

I have 1Gb memory, this is a reasonably old QNAP box, meaning it has an Atom 1Ghz processor.  It runs fine

except

10 hours ago, dman75 said:

my rootfs go from 72M free to 45M free

Do you have a BIOS setting that would let you use less memory for video?

I found the culprit:

-rw------- 1 root root 4.0G Jun 27 09:37 smbXsrv_session_global.tdb

Pretty sure that shouldnt get that big :)

TBH, this is probably moot, I will be moving the drives in this system to a new PC this week that will have 32Gb RAM and an SSD for cache, but it would still be interesting to know why and how this is breaking.

sambaissue.png

samba2.png

Edited by dman75