LSI 3108 support?

1 hour ago, larionlarion said:

Hi guys,

I am getting a Supermicro server in a little while and it has an LSI 3108 card, is this supported or will it be supported in the near future, I've tried searching but can't find anything defenitive.

Thanks in advance :-) 

I am not the LSI expert around here, but I can't find any references online to getting it flashed to IT mode. It appears to be only usable as a RAID card, and unRaid doesn't work particularly well with RAID cards unless they can be flashed to a plain HBA mode. You may be able to get it to work by defining each disk as it's own JBOD array, but then if you move the disks to another controller unraid will lose track of them, also I doubt you will get smart results in the default display.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the 3108 is the same LSI card that came in my Cisco C200, if it is, it only supports drives up to I think 2.2tb, nothing higher.  I ended up pulling that off the board (it was an add-on module), and install 2 other LSI cards, one for the internal slots, one for my external array.  The 3108 IS supported if it is the same as mine, just has limitations...