Is the VM creator/manager imported from something else or an original creation of the unRaid web guide?

?

I would say it's original. I started it as a way to learn/improve my php. I used various libvirt-php classes/examples and the libvirt php api to start with. Then[mention=11201]Eric[/mention] took it to another level to where it's at now. Well maybe a couple more levels too.

Edit. I just looked at my vmMan repo and that was almost 2.5 years ago. Where's the time gone. So much has changed in unRAID.

Docker and VM managers and Dynamix (former SimpleFeatures) interface started as community plugins and then got integrated into unRAID itself. They received lots of contributions from many of people, so I assume they are original creations from this community members alongside with LimeTech. DockerMan, for an example, was a pioneer in it's beginning; no other graphical manager was available at that time in any NAS device. Up-to-date no other NAS device offers the flexibility of our VM Manager.

So congratulations to every member that is/were involved in getting things like they are today.

I was curious because I've started playing with kvm's on ubuntu and am less than pleased with the customization ability of virt-manager and the lack of easily editing xml... I've found like really like how it's done on unRaid and was curious if the ability to have something similar in ubuntu was possible if it was based or from something else. Appears not :/