Two unRaid Servers on Same Network Can't Access Files via SMB

I've got 2 unRaid 6.3.5 servers running on my network.  HunterNAS and HunterNASNDH  Both are running fine, can access webgui, etc.  However, I can only access the files on one of them from windows 10 via SMB.  SMB settings are identical except I have turned off Local Master Browser and Monitor Local Master Election as with it on, both servers tried to become the master.  HunterNAS is the current master browser.  What setting could be causing confusion for SMB and preventing it from working to access HunterNASNDH?

Install the Local Master Plugin on HunterNASNDH and see what it thinks is the Local Master.  Another possibility could be that your server names are identical for the first ten  characters.  Windows used to use only use the first eight characters to resolve the name of a resource.  You might want to change the name of one of your servers to see if that fixes the problem...

1 hour ago, Frank1940 said:

Install the Local Master Plugin on HunterNASNDH and see what it thinks is the Local Master.  Another possibility could be that your server names are identical for the first ten  characters.  Windows used to use only use the first eight characters to resolve the name of a resource.  You might want to change the name of one of your servers to see if that fixes the problem...

Sorry, I meant to include that info from Dynamix Local Master.  .  Initially, both servers thought they were the master.  Now, just HunterNAS says its the master and HunterNASNDH agrees.  When both servers were set to be the Local Master Browser and to Monitor Local Master Election, both tried to be the master.  Even after 24 hours and a couple of restarts.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2017 at 2:26 PM, jeffreywhunter said:

Windows used to use only use the first eight characters to resolve the name of a resource.  You might want to change the name of one of your servers to see if that fixes the problem...

Did you try this? I have 2 unRAID servers on my network called completely different things. Works fine. Worth a try to change the name of one of them and see if it fixes the problem.

14 minutes ago, bjp999 said:

Did you try this? I have 2 unRAID servers on my network called completely different things. Works fine. Worth a try to change the name of one of them and see if it fixes the problem.

That is probably the problem then.  Had missed that sentence.  One is HunterNAS the other is HunterNASNDH.  So if the first 8 are the only ones used (duh), then that is the problem...  Thanks!