stranded data to be imported to my unraid

Hi,

sI've hit up the Drobo folks w/o answer, maybe someone here can help me, I have 5x6tb drives full of data in a drobo5N that was on a network with a 10.0.0.x ip, My new provider is a 192.168.0.x 

I have a second, unpopulated device, that I can reset and move the drives into with some help.  but if there is and easy way for importing the data I can do, such as plugging a usb3 to Ethernet adaptor and some well documented typing trickery, please turn me on.  Please keep in mind that I'm a Linux noob, so if you are going to offer an idea, please document the heck out of your muse - ings enough that a noob can puzzle it out

It's this 30tb limit that required me to build the little 40 TB itx monster that I have built new alongside my old license for a full server

6 minutes ago, ashman70 said:

Can you not connect your old drobo to a laptop or computer via a direct connection with a network cable, and connect to the drobo to change the network settings?

I have not tried that yet, what I need is a 10.0.0.x DHCP served network and Comcast has their gear back.  I have an ubiquity edge max router in a box in the shop but I don't know much about it and it's more than I want to learn how to run it via command line if necessary

2 minutes ago, ashman70 said:

If your old drobo was set to DHCP then it should get an IP on any network, regardless of whether its 10.0.0.x or 192.168.0.x so I am not quite sure why its not working on your new network, unless the network settings on it were set to only get a DHCP address on the 10.0.0.x network.

static IP, my apologies if I hadn't made that clear

47 minutes ago, Squid said:

Set up a Windows desktop to be a static IP on the same sub net.  IE:10.0.0.x  Then you should be able to hit the UI for the drobo and change it's network settings to DHCP.  Change the Windows back to DHCP, and everything should be good.

Squid With the answer!.  or more like I win with squids' answer.  thank you squid, thank you so much.  I can't afford it this month but if you look over things and help configure, I'll hire you next month!

##ticket closed##

Edited by TinkerToyTech