Dockerizing python script?

Hi all, 

I've been working on my own Python script recently, that is pretty much a Sonarr/Radarr for Pro Wrestling (without the fancy GUI). I've been testing on my current machine where it's working fine, and now I want to look into moving it onto my Unraid build and dockerize it like all of my other services.

It has two dependencies: python and ffmpeg. It currently does not run as a daemon, it has multiple different arguments that are to be setup as cronjobs (to be changed later).

There's so many builds/images to choose from for Docker, I have no clue where to start. Anyone able to give me some recommendations?

You could use our alpine or Ubuntu xenial baseimage. Go here https://github.com/linuxserver and search for base image. 

Both image use the S6 overlay for starting processes and monitoring them. 

The alpine one is going to be the smallest in size normally, if you care about that, but might be harder to get running as it's musl based and not glibc. 

The baseimages are available on dockerhub, so all you have to do is to use them in the FROM tag in the dockerfile. 

If you want a quick intro to how things work in the baseimage, we do have a new docker template at github. Don't have the link as the mobile version of github doesn't have a search option.