Sign in to follow this  
hernandito

Status Screen as unRAID Boots

Recommended Posts

It would be great to be able to pull up a web page that shows the booting progress of not just unRAID, but of the loading of Dockers and VM's.

 

For me, it is safe to say that upon a reboot, after I get the login prompt (on monitor connected to server), it could be like 15-20 minutes before the web ui finally loads. Obviously it's waiting to load all the Dockers and VM's. Some indication of what is happening would be useful.

 

Please consider this as a measure of substantial stress relief during that time when one could think something has gone wrong with our precious server.

 

Many thanks,

 

H.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 to 20 minutes seems excessive....

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Set the array to not autostart. That way the webgui is available to watch the entire process. I don't press start on the array until I've done a cursory inspection to make sure everything looks to be in order anyway.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys.

 

I have a couple of homemade Dockers that go through a long install every time. I think I have a total of 22 Dockers. 

 

The he cli is available. Any chance of monitoring this process from there?

 

@jonathanm it's  a nice idea, but I can see me forget to start the array, and the be stuck far away and not be able to start it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An other option is to use the docker autostart manager to set an order and delays on them starting which will probably speed the whole process up.   Side benefit is that it starts everything in the background so the the webui is available and not hung during the entire process

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hernandito said:

@jonathanm it's  a nice idea, but I can see me forget to start the array, and the be stuck far away and not be able to start it.

Router based incoming VPN for light management duties. Plus, if you do it that way, it's only a minute or two from the time you power it up to the interface being ready. Are you that rushed that you can't wait a minute after power up to log in and start it? You're going to have to come up with a better excuse. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Router based incoming VPN for light management duties. Plus, if you do it that way, it's only a minute or two from the time you power it up to the interface being ready. Are you that rushed that you can't wait a minute after power up to log in and start it? You're going to have to come up with a better excuse. :)

Don't understand about the VPN. As I said my Dockers take ages to start. If I'm the only one w this issue, please ignore my OP. I can certainly wait a few minutes until the CLI. But in my case it's quite long.

 

I am going to give Squid's suggestion a try. 

 

Thanks guys.

 

H.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Squid said:

An other option is to use the docker autostart manager to set an order and delays on them starting which will probably speed the whole process up.   Side benefit is that it starts everything in the background so the the webui is available and not hung during the entire process

 

Works like a charm. I can go to the Dockers screen and refresh to see as Dockers come online.

 

thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Copyright © 2005-2017 Lime Technology, Inc. unRAID® is a registered trademark of Lime Technology, Inc.