Okay, Ryzen has been out for a little while now. Motherboards have shipped updated BIOS, where is the FAQ? A search for Ryzen on the wiki yields no results.

If I were to build a Ryzen box today to run a gaming VM on are there motherboards or chipsets that are preferred?... Or ones to stay away from?

I'm kind of in awe here, it seems like Ryzen and unRAID would be a match made in heaven. So many cores/threads for relatively cheap.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The wiki is updated by anyone not Lime Technologies. If you have time put the information together and update the wiki. There is a thread all be it rather long that should give you what you need to get a Ryzen build going. I haven't kept up to date on the 6.4 testing on the Ryzen platform, but was thought to fix some major issues.

I like the idea of building a wiki page.  I bought my Ryzen on launch day (March 2nd), and put it in an unRAID box early on.  The other thread is ~20 pages long, and while it has a lot of good information, it's likely a bit daunting.  I'll see what I can do about making a wiki section, but you can start with the previous thread and see what you think.  My build has been running for ~3 months now.  There are a few gotchas, but the feeling is that those things will be sorted out eventually ... either by BIOS upgrades, or unRAID & Linux Kernel upgrades.

Do you have a list of specs on what you have bought or plan to buy?  My specs are in my signature line, if that helps.

- Bill