limetech

unRAID OS version 6.4.0-rc4 available

Just now, Videodr0me said:

The new UEFI boot feature seems nice, but I run a system without keyboard and monitor attached so its hard to change bios options or operate a boot menu. Is there a way to update to 6.4 RC and keep legacy booting active. Would a hack like renaming the uefi directory after upgrading but before rebooting work? Is there a more elegant way to prevent UEFI boot in the first place?

Just boot as you always have done.  The EFI boot is optional.

20 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Just boot as you always have done.  The EFI boot is optional.

True unless the server doesn't boot and you run into this issue (This message is displayed on the server monitor and the only symptom is that the server doesn't boot):

You could also use the second of these two solutions that will hopefully fix it.   Although, LimeTech's solution will definitely fix it permanently and will allow you to boot with either old BIOS way or the UEFI way.

• Upvote 1

Think I might have a bug to report, having installed RC4 over 6.3.5 stable. Switched mobo to UEFI boot. No other changes. Machine booted but VM did not. Looked into it and the VM reported that my UnAssigned nVME drive was not mounted. I noticed it no longer showed as Samsung_960Evo_xx-numbers but as xx-numbers only. Mounted it again in UnAssigned devices plugin. Then tried to edit XML. Then it re-appeared as earlier!??!  Well something funky going on. Sorry I cannot be exact. I was more worried about getting my VM back so I can use the machine rather than from a crappy laptop!

38 minutes ago, methanoid said:

Think I might have a bug to report, having installed RC4 over 6.3.5 stable. Switched mobo to UEFI boot. No other changes. Machine booted but VM did not. Looked into it and the VM reported that my UnAssigned nVME drive was not mounted. I noticed it no longer showed as Samsung_960Evo_xx-numbers but as xx-numbers only. Mounted it again in UnAssigned devices plugin. Then tried to edit XML. Then it re-appeared as earlier!??!  Well something funky going on. Sorry I cannot be exact. I was more worried about getting my VM back so I can use the machine rather than from a crappy laptop!

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Just had an opportunity to restart one my my C200's with this build (and the modprobe lines commented out), and it appears that those modules  for the IPMI/ACPI errors are loading correctly now, they at least show up in lsmod even though they weren't loaded in the go file..

Edited by heffe2001