Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zeroryu

[6.3.5] Slow Network Speed(fresh install, new NIC)

4 posts in this topic

I'm out of ideas on how to solve this issue of slow speed. My connection is 150mbps down with 6mbps up normally, but my unraid box only capable of 6mbps on both.

What i've tried:

- new NIC(bought http://www.tp-link.com/us/products/details/cat-5520_TG-3468.html) thinking that it might be my onboard network that's broken

- new clean install(delete almost all config, and copy paste new files from the zip)

the new NIC didn't fix it, and clean install didn't fix it too.

Can someone please help me? I've been using UNRAID for 5 years and never had this issue

tower-diagnostics-20170617-0510.zip

As a start anyone capable of helping we need to know where you're seeing this

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

i'm using Filezilla to transfer through FTP and or SFTP using default port from a macbook air(if that even have any relevance)

network setup:

router plugs to cable modem, and first port is connected to an ethernet switch

tower's new NIC single port is plugged to the ethernet switch

macbook air connects wirelessly on 5ghz band

background on previous readings comes from i believe 6.2.4 where when i transfer (through FTP, not SFTP), i could easily get more than 5mb/s(dont remember exact number) of speed. There is a limit of 2 connection(2 files transfer). However, after update, the speed max out to 700kb/s which when combined with multiple transfer, the speed is split into how many connection is open(2 in this case). Another way to say it, it took me 10 mins roughly to transfer 100ish mb of data.