Request: Delete Share and Data

Currently the share has to be completely empty, including any hidden files before we are able to remove them. It would be Nice if there was an option in the webgui to trash data and delete.

Obviously for safety reasons it would need some sort of double confirmation, so we don't accidentally delete it, but I've been playing around with a few dockers recently and they've created unwanted shares before I've had the chance to configure them. Having to telnet into the shares and delete unwanted/hidden files breaks the user friendliness unRAID is becoming. 

8 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Better option would be to have a button to unhide the files so they could be deleted normally. That way no telnetting in or CLI.

I'm not sure why that would be better?  

...a simple delete content and share in the webgui would do me nicely. 

Safer. Requires more steps and thought to delete data. I'd rather see exactly what I'm deleting, that way if there is something there I didn't know about but was placed there accidentally I don't blow it away without looking at it first.

Reduces the chance of thinking the share contains one thing but really contains something different.

You're defining better as safer and for that to be the case we would need to decide where to draw the line on what is 'safest' and when we go down that path, we might as well leave it as it is. Having to manually seek the files and confirm that one does indeed want to delete the files outside of the webgui, although made simpler by having the hidden files revealed still breaks the ease of having it all done within unRAID. If however unRAID had the ability to display the offending files and then gave us the opportunity to delete once confirmed, this could be a suitable compromise.