unRAID with VPN

8 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Please clarify what you wish to accomplish. VPN's can be used in several different ways, so spelling out your goals will go a long way to letting us know how to help you.

Sure thing. I was wondering about using OpenVPN in two different ways. First being to install a docker or plugin that I could configure to use with NordVPN. With this example I would like to route all traffic through the VPN. The other option would be to use OpenVPN only with NZBget, and everything else ignores the VPN. Ideally this would be something that once configured I can turn on or off without much trouble.

Does this help? I can try and provide more information if required.

Thanks

P.S. I only mention OpenVPN because its the only client I've seen mentioned around the forums. If there is another way I am open to it.

The ultimate solution is to replace your router with pfsense.

I recently did this and all of my internet traffic (with a few exceptions) go through pia vpn. The exceptions are the media streamers because Netflix blocks most vpns.

Short of that, you can use binhex dockers for vpn based apps

• 2 months later...
On 6/17/2017 at 8:14 AM, aptalca said:

The ultimate solution is to replace your router with pfsense.

I recently did this and all of my internet traffic (with a few exceptions) go through pia vpn. The exceptions are the media streamers because Netflix blocks most vpns.

Short of that, you can use binhex dockers for vpn based apps

Having absolutely no knowledge or experience with pfsense, and wanting to set up VPN for my unRAID server (not for Plex on the server and not for other clients on my network) - where would you suggest to start? What hardware and software would I need? Does the type of connection I have matter (NBN in Australia)?

• 3 months later...

Having absolutely no knowledge or experience with pfsense, and wanting to set up VPN for my unRAID server (not for Plex on the server and not for other clients on my network) - where would you suggest to start? What hardware and software would I need? Does the type of connection I have matter (NBN in Australia)?

Hey

Just wondering if you got anywhere with is im looking to do the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 2 months later...