robschaar

Unraid not mounting with beta

I tried the previous beta version and now the latest beta version.  My server is stuck at Mounting Disks, i've let it sit there for a couple hours and it never finishes mounting the disks.  After awhile the web page will timeout and I need to ssh into the server to run the powerdown command.  Attached is the log file.  Does anyone have any hints as to what might be the cause?

I also included the complete diagnostics after the powerdown.

Thanks

tower-diagnostics-20170615-0925.zip

unraidlog.txt

Thanks for creating a separate topic for this.

The diags look normal, as if from a fresh boot.

The txt file is incomplete.

Please try again.  Start array and wait like 5 min, not hours, then use command line:

diagnostics

Then post the diags that show up on the flash in the logs directory.

You're running unRAID in a VM correct?  Which hypervisor?  Something is not right with your config.

The server does seem to complete the mount process.  Do you see shares on the network?

I run an Unraid instance in a VM.  I boot from a VHD with bzroot, bzroot-gui, bzimage on, bzmodules & bzfirmware needed to be put on the flash drive.  If I put all the bz files on the VHD it wouldn't mount either.

I have it running on real hardware.  Everything works while running 6.3.5, but when I try to run the beta, that is when the drives fail to mount.

The machine is 

G41MT-S2PT

with an Areca RAID controller.

7 minutes ago, robschaar said:

that is when the drives fail to mount.

According to the syslog all disks finished mounting, you can use mc (midnight commander) on the console/SSH to confirm, navigate to /mnt and all disks will appear, can't you see the shares on the network?

They do not show up on the network.  The webserver also times out.  It is not reporting to the webserver that it is finishing mounting the drives.  Also none of the dockers load.  

I just updated to the newest beta and tried again.  It does the same thing.  I did ssh into the server and saw the mounts are completing, but I am not able to see the shares on the network and the webservice quits working.  It just stays on showing mounting drives.  I attached the latest diagnostics.

tower-diagnostics-20170619-0851.zip

Still no idea, syslog looks normal to me, maybe redo your flash drive.

Do you have a floppy disk controller attached?  Maybe try detaching it if so.

41 minutes ago, limetech said:

Do you have a floppy disk controller attached?  Maybe try detaching it if so.

Many BIOS have floppy mentioned in several places, make sure you go through all the BIOS setup screens to make sure any floppy references are disabled.

There is one strange thing in the logs, both this and the older one, disks are taking a long time to mount, over 20 seconds each, try the floppy thing to see if it makes a difference.

The motherboard has no floppy support.  I don't really know why it thinks there is one connected.

OK, so looks like the time your disks take to mount is normal, and with v6.4rc syslog looks normal up to here:

Jun 19 08:46:23 Tower emhttpd: shcmd (89): mkdir /mnt/user
Jun 19 08:46:23 Tower emhttpd: shcmd (90): /usr/local/sbin/shfs /mnt/user -disks 1023 2048000000 -o noatime,big_writes,allow_other  -o remember=330
Jun 19 08:46:23 Tower emhttpd: shcmd (92): /usr/local/sbin/update_cron

But it doesn't try to start the services, like with v6.3:

Jun 19 20:25:33 Tower emhttp: Starting services...

This why there's no docker, etc, as to why this is happening I have no idea.

How have you been installing the -rc releases?  via 'Update plugins' method?

Please plug your usb flash boot device into your PC, delete all the 'bz' files and then copy them from the release zip to the flash device - there should be 5 of them:

bzimage

bzroot

bzmodules

bzfirmware

bzroot-gui

'Eject' flash and see if issue persists.