[6.3.4] Disk Unmountable

I have a drive that overheated and was marked as disabled.  I then performed the steps I found somewhere to stop the array, disconnect the drive, start the array, stop the array, connect the drive, and start the array.  I was then able to see the drive and formatted it, then readded it to the array.  I lost the data on that drive, which sucked, but that was my fault so it is what it is.  

A week later, after getting a bunch of my data back, I relocated my server and therefore had to spin down the array, and performed a clean shutdown.  Ever since then, that specific drive is showing unmountable.  In an effort to do things the right way, I'm going to take a moment to reach out for assistance on these great forums, as recommended by "Fix Common Problems".  I put the array into Maintenance Mode, then went to the drive, and ran the filesystem checks.  The results are attached.  I have also run extended SMART checks, and it appeared to run successfully. 

Any ideas?  Of course, I'd like to save the drive as well as the data, but if this is going to be an ongoing problem with this drive I would replace it to avoid future issues.

Thanks for any help!

Disk Check.rtf

13 minutes ago, Thiels851 said:

I have a drive that overheated and was marked as disabled.  I then performed the steps I found somewhere to stop the array, disconnect the drive, start the array, stop the array, connect the drive, and start the array.  I was then able to see the drive and formatted it, then readded it to the array.  I lost the data on that drive, which sucked, but that was my fault so it is what it is.  

A week later, after getting a bunch of my data back, I relocated my server and therefore had to spin down the array, and performed a clean shutdown.  Ever since then, that specific drive is showing unmountable.  In an effort to do things the right way, I'm going to take a moment to reach out for assistance on these great forums, as recommended by "Fix Common Problems".  I put the array into Maintenance Mode, then went to the drive, and ran the filesystem checks.  The results are attached.  I have also run extended SMART checks, and it appeared to run successfully. 

Any ideas?  Of course, I'd like to save the drive as well as the data, but if this is going to be an ongoing problem with this drive I would replace it to avoid future issues.

Thanks for any help!

Disk Check.rtf

You made an error in the steps when the disk was first disabled and tried to bring it back into operation.   You added an additional step which was to format the drive.  This told unRAID that it should update parity to say that the disk contains an empty file system.   If you had NOT formatted the drive then unRAID would have rebuilt it to contain its original contents.

in terms of the latest file system check I have not seen those errors before, and they do not look promising.  Did you run the check from the GUI or the command line?   If via the command line exactly what command did you use.    You should also proved the diagnostics (Tools->Diagnostics) as it gives a lot of additional information to help those who are trying to work out what went wrong.

Thank you.

So what would be lost, the drive or the data? I just don't want to be caught in a loop of the drive being unmountable after each array restart and having to reformat it to make it functional.

And the file system on the rest of the drives in the array, should I be worried about them at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk