IP addresses?

Is it possible on 6.3.5 to have docker containers to get IP's assigned through DHCP rather than use host IP and sorting everything out with ports?

** update** I ended up just jumping to 6.4 RC2 which allows this to easily be accomplished.

Edited by swingline
On 6/12/2017 at 10:01 AM, swingline said:

Is it possible on 6.3.5 to have docker containers to get IP's assigned through DHCP rather than use host IP and sorting everything out with ports?

** update** I ended up just jumping to 6.4 RC2 which allows this to easily be accomplished.

Oh man that is GREAT news.  I may need to move to the RC.

Right now I am using the Pipework container to assign IP addresses to my Deluge and SAB containers.  However, whenever those container are updated, the WEBUI for each does not come back.  I have to manually restart the containers to bring them back to life.  The containers that I do not force through Pipework do not have this issue.

Are you also able to set static DNS entries in for containers in the new RC?

John

On 6/16/2017 at 6:13 PM, johnodon said:

Oh man that is GREAT news.  I may need to move to the RC.

Right now I am using the Pipework container to assign IP addresses to my Deluge and SAB containers.  However, whenever those container are updated, the WEBUI for each does not come back.  I have to manually restart the containers to bring them back to life.  The containers that I do not force through Pipework do not have this issue.

Are you also able to set static DNS entries in for containers in the new RC?

John

Here is a screen shot of what the new container creation section looks like. It just adds an input to assign a static IP when Br0 is selected. 

ip.thumb.PNG.af63d6a2a184f93f94a0729d2601e3a7.PNG

1 minute ago, swingline said:

Here is a screen shot of what the new container creation section looks like. It just adds an input to assign a static IP when Br0 is selected. 

Thanks for that.

Now that I think about it, if I am able to give the container a static IP, I can then configure that same IP reservation in pfsense with static DNS entries.  The true test will be to SSH into the container after the fact and see how the DNS servers are being set.

I guess I may need to upgrade to an RC (which I typically do not like to do) to start to play.

John

20 minutes ago, johnodon said:

Thanks for that.

Now that I think about it, if I am able to give the container a static IP, I can then configure that same IP reservation in pfsense with static DNS entries.  The true test will be to SSH into the container after the fact and see how the DNS servers are being set.

I guess I may need to upgrade to an RC (which I typically do not like to do) to start to play.

John

Coming from freeNAS 10 I released after I had spent days converting my ZFS pool that I couldn't easily assign the IPs.....I already had my pfsense box setup how I wanted it, so jumping to RC made life a lot easier converting over by not having to mess with the network too much.

Anyway good luck.