Option to disable additional UNRAID options

Hi, I have been using UNRAID since v4.7 and think it's a great product but since v5.0 there is a lot of extra functionality being added that is not storage related. I virtualise UNRAID under ESXI and use it purely as a NAS, If I need additional services I typically add it to another VM as I want UNRAID to do one job only. I see UNRAID continuing to expand and add extra features that will be a benefit to the community but as this occurs I'd like the option to disable them within the settings of the WEBUI. I don't want to see references to VM's etc except under settings where the option can be enabled/disabled. If they are turned off there is also the potential to reduce the memory/CPU footprint as the processes for these features wouldn't be running?

Thanks!

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

I think if the hardware isn't KVM compatible then you can't disable it as such, and the KVM page states you need compatible hardware.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Yes, forgot about that, you can still disable it manually by editing domain.cfg on flash/config and changing SERVICE="enable" to "disable"

24 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

I think if the hardware isn't KVM compatible then you can't disable it as such, and the KVM page states you need compatible hardware.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

This is exactly the case, I have disabled Docker functionality so it doesnt show up in the menus across the top but VM's is still listed because I am unable to disable it.

My request is also not necessarily specific to the above, I think giving people the option of using UNRAID as a pure NAS only solution by allowing them to disable/hide those extra features would be appreciated.

Thanks!