anybody running win10 ent 2016 LTSB?

binhex

Hi guys, only found out about this a week ago, gave it a spin at work and its pretty good, its basically windows 10 without all the BS, im sure it runs faster than win 10 creators edition, and with no mega large updates and 10 year support im seriously considering running this as a vm on unraid, for anybody who is saying 'LTSB whaa?' :-)

https://www.howtogeek.com/273824/windows-10-without-the-cruft-windows-10-ltsb-explained/

Not sure if it's true or not, but a couple forums I browsed indicate that the LTSB trial can only be re-armed one time ... i.e. a total of 180 days.   Don't know if it actually stops functioning, or if that just means you'll have to put up with "nag" screens r.e. it being unactivated.     Still an interesting thing to try -- I'm setting up a VM with it [ guess I'll know in 91 days what happens when the trial expires :D ]

25 minutes ago, garycase said:

Not sure if it's true or not, but a couple forums I browsed indicate that the LTSB trial can only be re-armed one time ... i.e. a total of 180 days.   Don't know if it actually stops functioning, or if that just means you'll have to put up with "nag" screens r.e. it being unactivated.     Still an interesting thing to try -- I'm setting up a VM with it [ guess I'll know in 91 days what happens when the trial expires :D ]

i luckily dont need to worry about the nag screen, as i have a key for it (msdn subscription), i think you will like it, it def feels to me lighter on resources and just all round a bit quicker, let me know what you think, it could of course just be my imagination, i haven't performed speeds tests or anything useful like that to compare the full fat win 10 vs the skinny :-).