A big thanks to the Limetech Team

I just wanted to say a big thanks to all the hard work that you guys put into unRAID.

Your commitment to constantly improving the product is truely excellent. We get constant updates and new features

and we only buy the license once. It really is amazing how you guys do it.

Please anyone reading this who feels the same post beneath and lets let the guys know how much we

appreciate what they do.

I started my journey with computers with an Atari 800xl and absolutely loved it and wasted many hours.

Then later had a career in IT and it became a bit of a boring thing I had to do. Having found unRAID I feel like I

was when I was a boy and it's just as exciting as my old 800XL was. So unRAID has put the fun back into computers

for me. Well, that or I am just in my second childhood already! 8)

• Upvote 9

Wow I started with my first PC which just happens to be an Atari 800XL then I moved to an Amiga 500 and the rest is simply history....

Yep I couldn't do it without unRAID and all the people here and as well those that have slowly drifted off the forum, but I'm sure they are still running unRAID in their Basements. :D

Spectrum 48K here, then I upgraded to a Spectrum 128K, then an Amiga 500, then a Pentium 120Mhz, then it all got a bit confusing after that.

Using Unraid and joining linuxserver.io has really got me into Linux though, had played around with Ubuntu once or twice for a month or two occasionally but that was about it.  Windows 10 was what really really got me into Linux though and prompted a migration full time to Linux on the desktop.

Only reason I can see to stick with Windows was gaming, and seeing as I don't game on my PC, it became a no-brainer.

I don't work in IT at all, only ever been a hobby for me.

Edited by CHBMB

Started with an Altair 8800 in 1975 and have long lost track of all the systems I've had over the years ... Altair,  IMSAI,  NorthStar, Digital Group, Heathkit,  CompuPro, AST, Gateway,  Dell, and probably a few others I'm not remembering.    Except for an AST, a Gateway, and two Dells everything has been self-built.    I don't EVEN want to think about the $$ I've spent on this very consuming hobby :D.   [But I'm sure I'm WAY past what I spent for my first house.]

A 286 was well along the migration path of the early processors ...  I had an 8088, a Zilog Z80, an 8086,  a Zilog Z8000, an 80186, 80286, 80386, 80486, and all of the Pentium versions.   I haven't been nearly as aggressive at updating to the "latest and greatest" in the past decade -- quite candidly the processing power ever since the Core architecture chips came out has been "plenty" -- a system can be improved far more by adding SSDs and/or faster graphics processors for most purposes instead of more "horsepower".   I DO, however, have several systems with over 10,000 PassMark ratings "just because I can"  :D

12 minutes ago, garycase said:

Ditto -- although I haven't yet succumbed to the temptation to match your all-SSD array :D

9 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Time to sell the Porsche..... :D

I'll trade my SSD server plus my 10 year old Honda for your Porsche, but only if it's a 911, that's the only one I like B|

57 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

I'll trade my SSD server plus my 10 year old Honda for your Porsche, but only if it's a 911, that's the only one I like B|

Gee, I'd have undoubtedly taken you up on that if I hadn't already sold it (~ 3 years ago).    Currently have a Prius, but am seriously considering swapping it for a Tesla.    Getting "green" in my old age :D

52 minutes ago, garycase said:

Gee, I'd have undoubtedly taken you up on that if I hadn't already sold it (~ 3 years ago).    Currently have a Prius, but am seriously considering swapping it for a Tesla.    Getting "green" in my old age :D

I'm getting Green too. Sadly its all about cutting down Black Berry Bushes and other brush that has decided to take over my Back Yard. O.o

To Bad there isn't a unRAID Docker or Plugin for that.

Yeah, outdoor "green" can take a bit of work.    We have a small fenced area for our dog to run in (~ 700 sq ft) that was almost completely taken over by some kind of aggressive weed.   Gave up on killing the weeds and bought a nifty "gadget" that let me turn into a fire monster :D [ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002LH46N2?psc=1 ]

That absolutely took care of those weeds (and all of the grass) -- the yard is now nothing but dirt.   Going to wait a couple weeks to be sure nothing pops back up -- burn it one more time to kill anything that does); and then till it and get a bunch of new sod.

2 hours ago, graywolf said:

Laying sod will be a workout. 

Been there, done that, if ever a next time I'll pay for someone else to do it ?

That's what teenage grandkids are for :D

.... the like to make some extra $$, and I get to "supervise" (and drink beer while they do the work)