A big thanks to the Limetech Team

TRS80 Model I  then Model III

C128

Amiga 3000

386SX,

Then lost track of all the various CPU platforms (But all the x86's have been named in alphabetical order.  Started at Anna, and now up to Patricia.  And I still wonder why the wife gets annoyed when I start talking to her about how Ophelia and Patricia are doing today)

Edited by Squid

Yes thanks to all you guys (or gals) your time and effort are greatly appreciated!!!!

I started with the Timex-Sinclair 1000 and hung on to their line until the IBM PC Jr came out.. then on ward and upward from there.

So as far as all the developers and forum moderators, who actually works for Lime Tech and who are just in it for the addiction?

43 minutes ago, whwunraid said:

So as far as all the developers and forum moderators, who actually works for Lime Tech and who are just in it for the addiction?

AFAIK, only the red text Administrator group get a paycheck. Everybody else is just here for the great software and community.

On 2017-6-16 at 4:35 PM, antaresuk said:

And big thanks to gridrunner (who i think is also spaceinvader one) for his tutorials. I sure wouldnt be on unraid without them

Seconded - gridrunner's videos are very helpful.

Also thanks to the LT team, of course.

And in keeping with the flavour of some of the other posts - I soldered up my ZX80 from a kit in around March 1980 (ordered at the launch in the February) just after Uncle Clive got around to sending them out.  Then built my own RAM pack, serial interface, etc. It's been along road from there to here, but one hell of a ride.  Wouldn't change it for anything. 

started with a 486DX 266

I use to goto computer fairs, I saved up doing a milkloat and paperround to by the first Voodoo Gfx Card

*486 DX2 66MHz. I know because I lusted over it, only having a 486 SX 33MHz.

My first computer was a Tandy 1000 SX. 8088, A whopping 384KB of memory and a 5.25" floppy drive.

Oh and thanks LT! And thanks to the amazing community too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

On 6/16/2017 at 4:10 PM, whwunraid said:

Yes thanks to all you guys (or gals) your time and effort are greatly appreciated!!!!

I started with the Timex-Sinclair 1000 and hung on to their line until the IBM PC Jr came out.. then on ward and upward from there.

Ha ha. I used a Timex Sinclair. As you entered a program, the screen would eventually have fewer and fewer lines, as it was using that memory for storing the program!

I resisted joining this geezerfest for a while, but now the thread has several thanks (the supposed topic).

On 6/6/2017 at 4:03 PM, garycase said:

Started with an Altair 8800 in 1975

I was a poor college student when these first kits came out. When I graduated and got a job, my employer bought a fleet of 8k Commodore PETs to experiment with. I took one home for "learning" and that is what I consider to be my first computer, even though I didn't buy it.

We actually used those PETs to interface to laboratory instruments.