Pass Through TV Tuner (PCIE) to docker

First you need a Plex supported tuner, which is only one hauppauge tuner and Linux support on unraid for this tuner is not available as of now.

After you get the driver installed, you simply pass through /dev/dvb as a device in the Plex container template.

When I use stock unraid it detects the card as Conexant. I tried the dvb edition and it detects it as LG Electronics LGDT3306A . Im hoping this will work. I know the newer model of this card (the one I have) will not be able to be used in plex till next media server version. Looks like it is passing it through correclt as the plex log says  Ignoring (LG Electronics LGDT3306A VSB/QAM Frontend) as it is not supported device.

Edited by hackztor

Hauppauge is not supported in any of his builds yet. 

Until Hauppage actually release a version of their Linux drivers that don't require Ubuntu 16.04 and a PPA I can't do a thing.

Although they may well pull their fingers out their butts now Plex wants to support it.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
45 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Until Hauppage actually release a version of their Linux drivers that don't require Ubuntu 16.04 and a PPA I can't do a thing.

Although they may well pull their fingers out their butts now Plex wants to support it.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

So does that mean when it shows up as an LG that will never work? I am thinking im just gonan return the dapter and get homerun extend. According to this the kernel has drivers. https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-quadHD_(ATSC_ClearQAM)

Edited by hackztor
  • 6 years later...