Shoutout to SpaceInvaderOne - from a New Customer

Not really a pre-sales question as such, more a comment towards potential customers and Limetech.

I just bit the bullet and bought the full pro license of unraid.

Just so folks know, it was LTT that put it on my radar, but it was SpaceInvaderOnes youtube videos that sealed the deal. His guides are great, and certainly made the difference between me dipping my toes in the water, and my straight up committing 32TB of my storage to your product.

I love Unraid so far, but in terms of getting new users up to speed with information that matters, and is well delivered, he does a stellar job. And i'd wager i am not the only person that would say the same. I consider myself an expert at hardware, and using software generally, and his videos were still massively helpful.

Anyone who is doing a trial with unraid, i'd absolutely recommend looking him up on youtube.

So for any folks that work at Limetech, this is just a new user flagging his contribution to your product.

And no, I dont know or associate with him :)

Cheers

Oxxy

• Upvote 1

Thanks folks

Must say, its the best software i have bought in a good long while.

Shall i send Limetech the invoice for all the hardware that 'you made me buy' since migrating? :P

I'd be keen to see what its like on bare metal, but i jumped straight into a virtualized unraid install, and even that 'just works'.

Or maybe i'll need another damn license to run up a second instance ;)

I have been lurking here a while, its a good community, really quite helpful. Another contributing factor to my jumping aboard.

Edited by Oxxy

Thanks, Guys. I am glad you find my videos useful I enjoy making them.

@Oxxy I know what you mean with buying more hardware. I started out with a gen8 microserver just wanting a nas and wanting it to be nice and small.

Now about 4 or 5 builds later I have 2 servers, one a full atx board and case, a 14 core Xeon and a couple of GPUs. If my girlfriend knew the real cost of

how much it all cost I would probably be dead! B|

• Upvote 4

Thanks @gridrunner I stumbled across your videos as well trying to fix my synolgy nas. 

Needless to say after watching your informative videos I saw unraid did everything my server and nas did so just finished rolling out my unraid server of 15 drives. Always used your videos for reference throughout the build. Do keep up the good work. About to purchase my license.

@gridrunner - yeah, this whole homelab thing is going a bit nuts. Dual hex core Xeons 96GB RAM on the machine that has my virtualized unraid, an R710 2 x 4 core Xeons part of the ESXi cluster - might put barebones unraid on this.  And now have a second 4U chassis to build in as I just upgraded to Norco 4224, which is now full....it never ends lol

And like you, i started with a HP Microserver (trusty old N40L) - tiny little thing that now sits in the corner looking for a new use.

I never knew how exactly i wanted to arrange all my storage needs, but with the features, and flexibility of unraid, there is nothing quite like it. And i dont even run any of the VM features.

Unraid really is very flexible. I have a range of drive capacities, and interface types (SAS/SATA) and unraid runs quite happily. Good times.

I love this stuff :)

Oh yeah I hear ya all

I got a hp proliant ml310e gen8 v2, build into an Inter-Tech 4U 4424 (24 bay hotswap) with 22TB sotrage so far (9 disks) and a pro licens

AND I got a beast I do not dare to turn on because I fear the bill from the power.

A Dell R815 Quad CPU (AMD Opteron 6380 2.5 GHz 16 core) with 512GB ram, (diskless so far)

The power bill alone for that beast is just about as much as my entire house.