We had a power outage the other day and since i have not been able to boot my unraid server. It gets to a point were it says "VFS:Insert root floppy and press enter". From most of my readings that means a corrupt usb. So i created a new usb and booted another machine with it and then tried the old server again. It gets to the same point with a new usb with fresh Unraid. So where do i go now? 

UnRAID v 5.0.6 with 3x 1tb drives

Edited by sublevel4

Either a hardware failure on the motherboard USB port, or some kind of bios configuration is required.

Will the usb port you are attempting to boot from, boot any other usb boot media? 

Check the bios in the motherboard to see if somehow the power blip caused the boot order, or the list of bootable devices to get changed.

And once you get it back to working again, you will get much better help if you are on the latest unRaid.  I stuck on V5 for a bit as V6 stabilized, but we are way past that time period with V6 now.

I have tried all usb ports and two drives and I get the same result. I have checked the Bios and the usb is listed as the first boot device. Is there a way to setup a new usb with the old drive data drives? I have another computer i could move the drives to. I need to save up and get a v6 lic but it will have to wait for now

Your older license will run v6 just fine if you want to try it.  Start with the free v6 trial.  That said, I would try to get things stabilized with 5.0.6 first.  Try booting the other computer with the 5.0.6 boot stick.  If it works you can just move the drives over.

Your old drives should be usable on any other computer that you can get unRaid to boot from.  Just stick the old or newly configured flash drive in any computer and try to boot unRaid.  (without moving the drives is the first and easiest test)  Having an attached keyboard and monitor will simplify the testing.  Even an old laptop may work to verify the USB flash drives.

But it sounds like you may have a USB port failure??  (I expect that @garycase and @turl may have more ideas)

You don't need to save up to get a V6 license, you already have one.  (unless you are only using V5 without a license with less than 3 drives as that is no longer available)