Array wont start

2 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

You probably have filesystem corruption on one disk, start the array then grab the diagnostics by typing diagnostics on the console, upload those.

But thats the problem, when I click start array nothing happens. The page just refreshes.

I tried booting up my server in safe mode and running with no plugins. I was able to start the array in safe mode. does this mean anything? I believe one of my docker apps was still running since one of my torrent files showed up as completed. I went in an manually stopped and rebooted in regular mode and still same crap.

does this mean anything?

Just now, sledgebrah said:

heres the diagnostic I got from ssh into system.

I appreciate all the help

tower-diagnostics-20170527-0826.zip

45 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Yes, SSH into the server or use a keyboard/monitor and then type diagnostics (they will be saved to your flash drive)

Alternatively, start the array in maintenance mode and run xfs_repair on all disks (assuming filesystem is xfs):

https://wiki.lime-technology.com/Check_Disk_Filesystems#Drives_formatted_with_XFS

2 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

In maintenance mode disk won't be mounted, so again can't help, but since you're in maintenance mode run xfs_repair on all array data disks (assuming filesystem in use is XFS):

xfs_repair -v /dev/mdX

Replace X with disk number.

I meant to say that I have the array running in safemode. But its up and running. That last log was with the array in safe mode.

image.jpg

OK

2 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

OK, that's different, so disks are mounting and that means it's probably a plugin (or docker), start docker one at a time, if it's not that remove all plugins and add them one at a time.

OK Great! I thought I was SOL. I will remove all docker plugins later tonight and start unraid in regular mode and see if that fixes my issue.

Thanks so much again for your help I'll give you an update tonight

17 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

OK, that's different, so disks are mounting and that means it's probably a plugin (or docker), start docker one at a time, if it's not that remove all plugins and add them one at a time.

OK so no luck I removed all my docker plugins and it wont start the array in normal mode. The only way I can get it it to start is if I boot unraid in safemode and then the array with start.

1 minute ago, johnnie.black said:

After starting the array try to get the diagnostics using SSH (or keyboard/monitor) by typing diagnostics on the server.

Is it ok if I start the array in safemode, and then pulling the diagnostics report. Correct me if Im wrong but the diagnostic report gets saved to my usb key?

1 minute ago, johnnie.black said:

We need to see the diags after doing whatever is making the array stop responding, if the array starts in safe mode getting the diags after that won't help.

But I cant get the array to start in normal mode. When I click start array it does not even go through the normal proccess ie: starting array... mounting drives...

My browser just refreshes. And it stays at "Array stopped"

Could it be a bad update? Everthing was fine up untill I updated my firmware. (I did have to dockers working in the back ground)

3 minutes ago, sledgebrah said:

My browser just refreshes. And it stays at "Array stopped"

You should have explain this earlier, I though that the GUI became unresponsive, in that case I would redo the flash drive, copy only your key, then reassign all disks, check "parity is already valid" before starting the array, then start the array and if everything is OK start adding your dockers and plugins.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

You should have explain this earlier, I though that the GUI became unresponsive, in that case I would redo the flash drive, copy only your key, then reassign all disks, check "parity is already valid" before starting the array, then start the array and if everything is OK start adding your dockers and plugins.

Ok cool t Im gonna try that

5 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

IT WORKED!!!! Thanks you for your help